Peoples Community Health Clinic, Inc. (PCHC) is a nonprofit health care clinic guided by its Mission to provide access to affordable, compassionate, high quality health care for all, while helping to improve the health of the community as a whole. Care is provided no matter what a person’s financial situation is. Both uninsured and insured patients are welcome.
Starting from humble beginnings in the basement of a church in 1976, Peoples Clinic has grown into a 40,000 square foot facility in the heart of downtown Waterloo. It has been at its current location since 1999, and in 2008, Peoples Clinic Butler County (PCBC) opened as a satellite clinic in Clarksville. Both locations are recognized as Patient-Centered Medical Homes, which places focus on building better relationships between patients and their health care teams.
Peoples Clinic offers the following health care services:
- Medical Care (24-hour physician on-call services for emergencies)
- Dental Care
- Urgent Care
As well as:
- Benefit Counseling to Determine Financial Eligibility for Health Care Services
- Care for Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Chronic Care Management
- Health Care for the Homeless Program
- Health Education and Community Health Promotion Programs
- Interpreters On-Site: Bosnian, Spanish, Burmese and French (other languages available on-site by phone)
The concept of ''Community'' is the heart of our organization. Peoples Clinic is owned and operated by people living in our community.