This is working at EPI – connecting people, creating opportunities, and nurturing growth.
Exceptional Persons, Inc. (EPI) is a SIX-TIME recipient of the Employer of Choice designation. Employees nominate organizations in the Cedar Valley for this honor.
Join us! We have positions available for first-time and experienced Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) who are looking to make a difference in the lives of persons with disabilities. We have over-night, full-time positions with a 3 or 4 day work week schedule (that's roughly 12 - 16 days scheduled off a month!). Some positions allow you to sleep with getting paid.
This position is eligible to participate in a retention bonus program with the opportunity to earn retention bonuses of $490.25 or $980.50.
Working for EPI has its benefits. Many benefits.
Full benefits are offered for full-time positions (30+ hours/week)
- Advance your career through our career advancement program. As you complete each certification, you'll advance to a new position with a $1.00 per hour increase in pay.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans (even pet insurance!)
- Three and four day work-weeks (lots of work/life balance). Other schedules also available, even weekend-only options.
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k)* employer match up to 6% (also available to part-time employees) and flex spending plan
- Employee Assistance Program with access to free counseling, legal, financial and elder care consultation
- Paid training
- Immediate employee discounts (vehicle repair, gym memberships, and more!)
As a Direct Support Professional, you will experience personal GROWTH opportunities through career advancement and CONNECT to a community that leads a greater PURPOSE in mentoring individuals with Intellectual and Mental Disabilities in supporting their personal success.
This is what you'll get to do. Real career. Real purpose.
- Build life-long relationships with people
- Help people connect to their community and their individual interests (e.g. attending concerts, going to the movies, playing sand volleyball, backyard cookouts, shopping, and more!)
- Work as a team to teach new life skills and identify unique, creative ways to support people in skills to gain greater independence (e.g. meal prep, laundry, cleaning, decorating)
- Support persons in health and wellness goals (this could include walks outside, bike riding, hikes, learning about healthy eating and lifestyles, and more)
- Encourage and assist self-advocacy (e.g. assisting someone to speak on his/her own behalf and developing relationships)
- Continuously learn and grow
In this profession you get to do a little bit of everything. Take a look if you've ever considered teaching, healthcare, or customer service. There is variety every day.
Here's what we're looking for. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Dependability. Attend work as scheduled. Complete responsibilities, tasks, and trainings within assigned timelines.
- Integrity. Doing what's right. Trustworthy. Able to comply with all agency and regulatory standards. Maintain standards of confidentiality (HIPAA) and ethical practice.
- Communication. Demonstrate effective communication skills both written and verbal. Able to document work as trained.
- Computer Familiarity. Able to browse internet, use email and electronic health record system (training provided).
- Committed to inclusion and building relationships. Respecting others.
- Passion for serving others
- High school diploma or a GED
- 18 years old or older
- This position requires a valid driver's license, auto insurance, a good driving record, a reliable vehicle and the ability to pass an extensive background check, including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and a criminal history check
Preferred but not required; own a cell phone with active plan to make and receive phone calls and text messages.
- We have several shifts and schedules to meet your needs…these are general options, but we have a lot of variety within these:
- Shifts: 12-hour work shifts starting between 7 pm and 9 pm
- Schedules: 3 day work week is Thurs/Fri/Satand 4 day work week is Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat
- 12-hour work shifts allow for full-time work and up to 16 days off per month! You can have more than half the year off, but still work full time.
- Other schedules also available
- Pay Rate: $16.50 - $19.00 (awake), $9.50 (sleep) Rate of pay depends upon experience
Click here to view a realistic job preview.
Post job offer drug screen required.
EPI is an equal opportunity employer.
Real Career! Real Purpose!
*Must be 21 and older to participate in 401(k) program.